Potter DIY: Hogwarts House Ornaments
You have probably thought at one time or another that a Harry Potter-themed Christmas tree would be perfect. Buying all new ornaments every time you want a change in theme can get expensive, so we’ve got you covered here with some DIY ornaments. These Hogwarts house ornaments are simple and look great.
What You’ll Need:
- Glass corked bottles (5-ish in. tall)
- Translucent seed beads in red, blue, green, and yellow
- Ribbon in red, blue, green, and yellow
- Lion, eagle/raven, snake, and badger charms (optional)
- Wire ornament hangers
- Gold and silver jump rings (optional)
- Jewelry pliers
- Screw eyelets (optional)
Step 1: Fill the bottles with the seed beads. If you are using eyelets, screw one into each cork. Cork the bottles. Tie a bow with ribbon that matches the color of the beads around the neck of each bottle.
Step 2 (Optional): If you are adding the charms, use a jump ring, and poke it through the threads of the ribbon in the middle of the bow where the knot is. You can either try to close it around a whole piece of the ribbon within the knot or just catch enough of the threads to get it to stay.
Step 3: Attach your wire ornament hangers with one of the following methods:
- Take your wire ornament hangers and bend one end around the neck of the bottle, near the top but under the lip so that they don’t just slide off. Make sure the wire is tight around the bottle so that it doesn’t drop to the floor and shatter when you hang it up.
- Loop your hanger through the screw eyelet.
Now hang your new ornaments up, and enjoy them! To add to the aesthetic, place an ornament in front of a light on the tree so that it shines through the seed beads.
Don’t forget to check out our other DIYs on our main Potter DIY page!