WOULD YOU RATHER… Have the Series Remade or Left Alone? #MNWYR
I often consider the possibility of a Harry Potter remake, and while it most likely wouldn’t happen for at least another ten years if it happens at all, I have huge reservations along with the possible improvements that could be made.
- The ability to involve more details of the storyline.
- Consistency – having one director for all of the movies.
- A resurgence of the fandom.
- Even better graphics and FX.
- Difficulty getting actors to sign on for an extended period of time.
- Because the current actors have been involved with the series for so long, it would be hard to “replace” them.
- Having the series become too “Hollywood-ized.”
- Avoids the danger of the series being, once again, altered too much for the screen.
- There is already so much going on in the Potter-verse that there is no need for a remake.
- Although there were some serious changes I didn’t like, remakes are generally never as good as the original.
- Missing aspects that weren’t put into the current films.
- Trying to draw new fans to older movies.
So WOULD YOU RATHER have the series remade or left alone? I think strong arguments could be made for either side. Tell us your thoughts below or over on Twitter using #MNWYR.