Five Things You Should Know About Griphook
This time, we’re turning our attention to Griphook. Griphook is the scheming Gringotts goblin whom Harry rescues from Malfoy Manor in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and then turns to for help in finding another Horcrux.
1. Griphook is the goblin that Harry meets on his first visit to Gringotts in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. This is Harry’s first visit to the wizarding world and his vault at Gringotts.
2. After the first book and Harry’s encounter with him, Griphook disappears from the story until Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The trio next comes across the goblin when they are camping out in the forest. Griphook is one of the goblins who has gone into hiding.
3. When they meet again, in Deathly Hallows, Griphook remembers Harry straightaway.
4. It is Griphook who notices that the sword of Gryffindor is a fake, and he is able to lie for the trio in Malfoy Manor.
5. In the same way that the trio attempts to double-cross Griphook, he in turn double-crosses them, leaving them trapped in the vault at Gringotts, and they have to make their own escape.
What are your thoughts on Griphook? Share what you like – or dislike – about the character in the comments.