Five Things You Should Know About James Potter
As in our previous post, where we looked at five things about the young Sirius Black, we’re going to mainly consider the young James Potter in this post.
James Potter is one of those characters who feels like he is present throughout the whole series but actually only appears in a series of flashbacks. Despite that, we learn a lot about James as the series progresses.
1. James Potter played Chaser on the Gryffindor Quidditch team, despite the fact that the film portrays him as a Seeker.
2. James Potter would have only been 21 when he died, which means that he and Lily got married very shortly after leaving Hogwarts.
3. Although he’s never a prefect, James is made Head Boy in his seventh year.
4. James inherited both a lot of money and the Invisibility Cloak from his father, meaning he didn’t have to have a well-paid profession. We don’t know much about the Potters, though, apart from the fact that they had James later on in life and pampered him, making him rather spoiled when he arrived at Hogwarts.
5. It is revealed on Pottermore that the first time that Lily introduces James to Petunia and Vernon, the meeting goes badly – and was the beginning of a bad relationship for the couples. In the meeting, James teased Vernon about his racing broom and stack of gold in Gringotts, making Vernon angry and causing him to storm out. After that, although James promises to make up with Vernon, he never does.
What do you wish we knew about James Potter? Let us know in the comments!