Nominations now open for this year’s USQ membership awards
Nominations for the 2014-2015 US Quidditch (USQ) season have begun. For the next two weeks, each official USQ Quidditch team is eligible to be nominated for various awards recognizing their accomplishments of this year’s Quidditch season.
There are two categories of nominations: team and event. There are multiple team awards offered, ranging from recognizing a team’s use of a creative logo to outstanding sportsmanship. Event nominations focus on the community and fundraising aspects of a specific Quidditch-related event. Each team is eligible to win only one award per category.
Team awards include the following:
- USQ Sportsmanship Award – this award is given to a team that displayed the best sportsmanship, shown through fair play, generosity, and integrity.
- Xander Manshel Award – given to a team that goes above and beyond in terms of creativity, community, and competition.
- First Year Survival Award – goes to a first-year team only, one that has shown leadership skills and growth throughout the year.
- #Swag Award – this award is given to the team with the most creative and unique style, looking specifically at uniforms, banners, war cheers, and face paint.
- Service Award – goes to a team that displayed a desire to give back and serve their community.
- Brand Excellence Award – awarded to a team that demonstrates creative and effective ways of self-marketing, looking specifically at team logo, on-field presence, general web presence, social media, and overall unity of team.
Event awards include:
- Competition Award – recognizes the most successful tournament of the year, run by a team or multiple teams, focusing on funds, gameplay, and community integration.
- Community Award – acknowledges the most fun and unifying Quidditch community social event of the season run by a team or group of teams.
- Fundraising Award – given to a team that ran the most creative, fun, and successful fundraiser of the year.
Will you be nominating any of your favorite teams? Click here to find out more information on these awards, look at past award winners, and to nominate your team! The nomination period ends Monday, June 1 at 11:59 p.m. EST.