Bed rest and perhaps a large, steaming mug of hot chocolate. I always find that cheers me up.” (CoS 330)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- dash salt
- 1/3 cup water hot
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and water. Stir together over medium-low heat and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 2 minutes and then stir in the milk.
- Bring the mixture to serving temperature, but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Whisk until frothy and pour into serving glasses or mugs.
- Garnish, if desired, with miniature marshmallows, whipped cream, a cinnamon stick, or a candy cane.
- This recipe is from Rita Mock-Pike's The Unofficial Hogwarts for the Holidays Cookbook.