Rita Mock-PikeDelicious homemade fudge was part of our favorite protagonist’s first-year Christmas haul. Here is a recipe that is worthy of celebrating both Christmas and the new year. It includes nuts, but these are completely optional.
- 3 cups chocolate chips semisweet
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans
- Lightly coat an 8-inch square glass baking dish with coconut oil cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, stir together chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and salt. Stir constantly to avoid burning the chocolate.
- Once chocolate is fully melted and ingredients are thoroughly incorporated, remove pan from heat.
- Add vanilla extract and (if desired) the nuts, and stir until combined.
- Pour fudge mixture into the baking dish, spreading it evenly.
- Chill the fudge for 2 hours.
- Cut the fudge into 30 squares and serve.
- Pecans can be replaced with other nuts of choice or omitted completely.
- If the fudge seems too stiff when pouring it into the pan, add 1 teaspoon of milk and stir completely.
- This recipe is from Rita Mock-Pike's The Unofficial Hogwarts for the Holidays Cookbook.