- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 egg whites
- Beat the egg yolks with an electric hand mixer at low speed for 2 minutes, or by hand until pale and slightly thickened.
- Add the first measure of sugar, milk, and heavy cream. Blend until combined.
- Add spices and vanilla extract. Blend until combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Once foamy, begin adding the second measure of sugar gradually as beating continues.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into yolk mixture until uniform.
- Chill for one hour.
- Cream has reached soft peaks when the whip is pulled from the cream and a peak folds over itself but doesn't disappear back into the mass. Stiff peaks stand upright instead of folding over.
- This recipe is from Rita Mock-Pike's The Unofficial Hogwarts for the Holidays Cookbook.