- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 medium onions diced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 large carrots chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 oz. macaroni
- 14.5 oz. crushed tomatoes canned
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes canned
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. basil dried
- 1 Tbsp. oregano dried
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 3–4 stems parsley fresh, optional
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Brown turkey for 5–7 minutes. Drain fat.
- Return pan to heat and add onions, garlic, carrots, and salt. Cook 5–7 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Cook macaroni to al dente per box instructions while skillet is cooking.
- Once cooked and drained, return pasta to same pot, adding meat mixture, over low heat.
- Add crushed and diced tomatoes to pot along with black pepper, dried herbs, and bell pepper. Cook for 5 minutes on low until everything is warmed and carrots are tender.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Cooking the pasta ahead of time makes the whole thing easier. Just bring everything together in the same large pot (a 10-quart pot is recommended) that was used to cook the pasta.
- This recipe is from Rita Mock-Pike's The Unofficial Hogwarts for the Holidays Cookbook.