- 6 cups water
- 8 bags peppermint tea bags
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk whole or 2%
- ginger ground or fresh grated
- 6 oz. peppermint schnapps
- whipped cream
- Bring water to a boil in a kettle. Place teabags in a heat-proof container.
- Pour boiling water over teabags, and steep for about 10 minutes. Once tea has steeped, carefully remove bags and discard.
- While tea is steeping, heat milk and sugar until sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Remove milk mixture from heat and grate in fresh ginger. Save a bit of ginger for garnish.
- Pour steaming milk mixture into tea. Add peppermint schnapps and stir.
- Ladle into mugs and top with whipped cream. Garnish with a bit of sprinkled ginger.
- This is an alcoholic drink and not intended for minors.
- If serving at a party, the Pepperup Potion may be placed in a slow cooker on low/warm and served as desired.