Emily StrandThis potion is prized in the wizarding world for instantly curing the common cold, clearing one’s head, and improving vision. It is also great for entertainment by making steam come out the drinker’s ears for several hours.
- 6 cups water
- 8 bags peppermint tea bags
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk whole or 2%
- ginger ground or fresh grated
- 6 oz. peppermint schnapps
- whipped cream
- Bring water to a boil in a kettle. Place teabags in a heat-proof container.
- Pour boiling water over teabags, and steep for about 10 minutes. Once tea has steeped, carefully remove bags and discard.
- While tea is steeping, heat milk and sugar until sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Remove milk mixture from heat and grate in fresh ginger. Save a bit of ginger for garnish.
- Pour steaming milk mixture into tea. Add peppermint schnapps and stir.
- Ladle into mugs and top with whipped cream. Garnish with a bit of sprinkled ginger.
- This is an alcoholic drink and not intended for minors.
- If serving at a party, the Pepperup Potion may be placed in a slow cooker on low/warm and served as desired.