Similarities between Harry Potter and Batman
…and it’s not the low scratchy voice!
- Both have witnessed the deaths of their parents (Harry as an infant in his home; Bruce as a young child outside an opera house)
- Both inherited wealth from their parents (Harry’s parents left him a vault of their savings; Bruce’s parents left him bonds)
- Both have impressive means of transportation (Harry’s broomstick; Bruce’s batmobile)
- Both fight against the forces of evil (Harry vs. Voldemort and his Death Eaters; Batman vs. the corrupt city of Gotham.)
- Both have wise old mentors (Harry has Dumbledore; Bruce has Alfred.)
- Both have corrupt governments (Harry & the Ministry of Magic (as it stands under Scrimgeour); Bruce & Gotham City)
- Both have recognizable trademarks (Harry’s lightning bolt; Bruce’s bat silhouette)
- Both have two sidekicks- one girl and one guy (Ron and Hermione; Robin and Batgirl.)
- Both have learned to overcome their greatest fears (Harry faces dementors several times; Bruce has become Batman)
- Both want to follow the footsteps of their fathers (Harry looks up to James and wants to be a member of the Order just like his dad; Bruce looks up to his father, who used his wealth to try to make Gotham a better place.
- Actor Gary Oldman is in both movies (He plays Sirius Black in the Harry Pottermovies; He plays Jim Gordon in The Dark Knight Trilogy
Submitted by: Nicole and Danielle