Dawn French, the British comic actress who portrayed the Fat Lady in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, is set to embark on her first solo tour.
The award-winning actress and best-selling novelist has written a new show based on her life and career titled 30 Million Minutes. French said,
I’m sick with excitement about this solo tour. I am enjoying the fact that I can’t categorise exactly what it is, but it’s somewhere between a monologue, a play, and an autobiographical slide show with a few funnies thrown in.
The show, which will be directed by renowned theater director Michael Grandage, starts in Sheffield in June and runs until September.
For a full list of tour dates, see below:
- Sheffield, Lyceum Theatre - June 5-8
- Glasgow, Glasgow Pavilion - June 10-12
- Derby, Assembly Rooms Derby - June 13
- Buxton, Opera House Buxton - June 14
- Llandudno, Venue Cymru - June 15-16
- Birmingham, New Alexandra Theatre - June 18-20
- Brighton, Theatre Royal - June 23-28
- Bradford, Alhambra Theatre - July 2-5
- Southend-On-Sea, Southend Cliffs Pavilion - July 6
- Dublin, Olympia Theatre - July 9-10
- York, York Barbican Centre - July 12
- Cardiff, New Theatre - July 17-18
- Crawley, Hawth Theatre - July 23-24
- Reading, Hexagon Theatre - July 25-27
- Dartford, Orchard Theatre Dartford - July 30-August 2
- Bromley, Churchill Theatre - September 8-9
- Milton Keynes, Milton Keynes Theatre - September 18
- Ipswich, Ipswich Regent Theatre - September 22
- Newcastle Upon Tyne, Mill Volvo Tyne Theatre - September 26
Tickets are now on sale. Will you be going to see Dawn on tour in the UK this summer? Let us know in the comments.