Earlier this morning, MuggleNet participated in a webinar with Paul Hemstreet, Vice President of Special Features for Warner Bros., where he discussed tomorrow's release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 on Blu-ray and DVD.
Hemstreet has overseen all enhanced content since Sorcerer's Stone and talked about how it didn't really take off until Prisoner of Azkaban. As Harry Potter aged, the focus of the enhanced content changed to being more about how the films were made.
For Deathly Hallows, there was an on-site content producer capturing literally every minute on set. Hemstreet added that Blu-ray really pushes the envelope with Maxmimum Movie Mode, referring to it as "commentary on steroids." Of note:
- Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy) serves as the primary host
- It took roughly 2.5 years to complete the project
- Integration of deleted scenes with commentary
- Building towards the final battle
- Other Horcruxes Revealed: a look back at their appearances in the series
Finally, Hemstreet said choosing content isn't always easy, since you need to consider what will be used for the Ultimate Editions. And bloopers? They weren't included early on because the cast were so young. But rest assured they have been collected over the years. So, "stay tuned, you won't be disappointed."