As we previously reported, the United States Postal Service (USPS) is releasing a new Harry Potter 46c Forever stamp for the upcoming holiday season. While there have still been no images of the stamps made available, yet, the USPS has announced in a recent bulletin that they will be releasing the Potter-themed stamps beginning November 19th. Prices are 46 cents for one stamp and $9.20 for a booklet of twenty stamps.
While you are not able to preorder the stamps at this time, information learned from the bulletin shows how customers will be able to obtain the first-day-of-issue postmark.
- Customers have 90 days (by February 19, 2014) to obtain the first-of-issue postmark by mail.
- You must first purchase new stamps at your local Post Office, or The Postal Store website, or by calling 1-800-STAMP-24 once the stamps are released.
- Affix your stamps to an equal number of self-addressed envelopes, and place them in a larger envelope addressed to:
- Harry Potter Stamp
PO Box 620045
Orlando, FL 32862-0045
- After applying the first-day-of-issue postmark to your stamps, the Postal Service will return the envelopes through the mail. There is no charge for the postmark up to a quantity of 50. For more than 50, customers have to pay five cents each. All orders must be postmarked by February 19, 2014.
How to order first-day covers:
- The Postal Service also offers first-day covers for new stamp issues and Postal Service stationery items postmarked with the official first-day-of-issue cancellation. Each item has an individual catalog number and is offered in the quarterly USA Philatelic catalog, online at http://usps.com/shop, or by calling 800-782-6724. Customers may request a free catalog by calling 800-782-6724 or writing to:
- US Postal Service
PO Box 219014
Kansas City, MO 64121-9014
Thank you to Tommy Z. for the tip!
11-06-2013 at 12:25 AM