Keith HawkTreacle tart is full of delicious, sweet golden syrup and black treacle.
- 8 oz. all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 oz. sugar
- 4 oz. butter very cold
- water cold
- 10 oz. golden syrup
- 1 Tbsp. blackstrap molasses
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 4 egg medium
- 1 oz. bread crumbs fresh
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, and butter in a food processor. Pulse until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- With the processor running, add water a few drops at a time until the dough comes together. Remove dough from bowl and wrap in plastic. Leave to rest in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll out pastry and line a greased tart pan with removable bottom. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Combine golden syrup, molasses, and lemon juice. Beat eggs in a separate bowl then add to the molasses mixture. Stir in bread crumbs.
- Carefully pour mixture into the prepared tart shell.
Baking & Serving
- Bake for 20–25 minutes until crust and filling are golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Serve warm with creme fraiche or vanilla ice cream.
- Corn syrup can be substituted for golden syrup if desired.