Something was bounding toward them, quiet as a shadow — an enormous, pale-eyed, jet-black dog. Harry reached for his wand, but too late — the dog had made an enormous leap and the front paws hit him on the chest; he kneeled over backward in a whirl of hair; he felt its hot breath, saw inch-long teeth —” (PoA 17)
- 5 oz. chocolate unsweetened, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/8 cup. butter unsalted, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large egg room temperature
- 1 1/8 cups milk
- icing vanilla (homemade or store bought)
- 24 chocolate-covered mint patties small
- coconut shredded
- 1 bag mints or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate on high for 1-3 minutes. Remember to stir halfway through cooking.
- Set chocolate aside to cool to room temperature for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and milk in three additions, beating until just combined.
- Divide batter between the 24 muffin cups. Bake for around 20 minutes.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, frost vanilla icing. For a snowy effect, mix the frosting with grated coconut first.
- Top each cupcake with a small chocolate-covered mint patty. Then place three small mints or chocolate chips around the patty for claw marks.