WOULD YOU RATHER… Be an Auror Or an Unspeakable? Let Us Know With #MNWYR
Before you answer, consider the following:
AUROR: Elite, highly-trained officers in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. They investigate crimes related to the Dark Arts and catch Dark wizards and witches. Known Aurors: Harry Potter, Rufus Scrimgeour, Frank and Alice Longbottom, Ron Weasley, Neville Longbottom, Alastor Moody, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Nymphadora Tonks. Read more on Harry Potter Wiki.
- Practicing Defense Against the Dark Arts daily—a pro if that is one of your favorite subjects.
- Taking down Dark wizards like Malfoy.
- Special training and skills that no one else gets.
- Working with Harry Potter.
- Having to practice DADA around the clock because you’re often the target of retaliation by Dark wizards and witches.
- Turning into a paranoid joke among your colleagues like Moody did.
- Dangerous work and long hours.
- Stringent requirements and extensive training—and even then they only take a few candidates on.
UNSPEAKABLE: Works in the Department of Mysteries. Little is known about their jobs. Read more on Harry Potter Wiki.
- Mystery. Kind of like being in the CIA.
- Access to areas of study that no one else has.
- Studying for a living—something we Ravenclaws can get excited about.
- Not having to answer questions about work to anyone—if you’re like me and don’t like too many questions, that’s a plus.
- Not being able to tell anyone about anything you do all day. Having to have separate lives in a way.
- Loneliness and the heavy burden of responsibility for the sensitive matters you are studying. (Possibly discovering things you’d rather not know.)
- Not being able to take your kid to work for “Take Your Witch (Wizard) to Work Day.”
- Being the target of Dark wizards in seek of top-secret information.
There you have it, so WOULD YOU RATHER… be an Auror or an Unspeakable? Respond in the discussion section or via Twitter with #MNWYR.