WOULD YOU RATHER… have Hermione’s beaded handbag or Sirius’s two-way mirror? Let us know with #MNWYR
Before you answer, consider the following:
BEADED HANDBAG: A small handbag with an Undetectable Extension Charm on it so that it can hold many possessions such as a tent and mini-library. Read about on Harry Potter Wiki.
- You can literally fit everything you want to bring with you in one, tiny bag.
- Never be without your print copy of the entire Potter collection.
- No more killing your back with a massive backpack.
- It is “undetectable,” so no one but the caster and whoever the caster confides in can know about it—even if a Buick is driven into the bag in front of their face. (See Harry Potter Wiki). Never worry about what size liquids to take on a flight or having to pay for checked baggage!
- You will likely find a way to fit everything in it.
- As we see with Hermione, objects can get shaken up inside. Probably not a good way to carry breakables or Grandma’s apple pie.
- Though the purse is small, the insides can become so massive that it would be hard, without a Summoning Charm, to retrieve anything.
- TSA may become suspicious of someone going on a long trip with only a handbag.
TWO-WAY MIRROR: Mirrors that are connected so that the possessors can communicate with one another no matter how far away they are. Read about on Harry Potter Wiki.
- Free wizard-Skype—and you don’t have to worry about a bad signal!
- Being able to talk anywhere, no matter how far the distance.
- The mirror also functions as mirror—multi-purpose.
- The feeling of never being alone.
- It is only two way, so the third (aren’t all friendships trios?) would be left out.
- Highly breakable.
- There’s no ringer to get the other person’s attention.
- There is also no way, except for covering the mirror, to keep the other person from looking/listening in at inopportune times.
There you have it, so WOULD YOU RATHER… have Hermione’s beaded handbag or Sirius’s two-way mirror? Respond in the discussion section or via Twitter with #MNWYR.