US Quidditch Cup 9 Regional Recaps
Half of the regional championships have now been completed, and we know 33 qualified teams out of the 60 that will compete at the US Quidditch Cup 9, previously known as the Quidditch World Cup.
Ten teams from this region qualified for the Cup. These are:
- Q.C. Boston
- Rochester United
- New York Quidditch Club
- Tufts University Tufflepuffs
- Boston University Quidditch
- RIT Dark Marks
- RPI Remembralls
- The Warriors
- Emerson College Quidditch
- Syracuse University Quidditch Club
On November 7 and 8, the Great Lakes Regional Championship occurred in West Chester, OH. Michigan Quidditch came out on top in the finals against Bowling Green State University with a final score of 110*-70.
Nine teams qualified from this region to compete in April at the Quidditch Cup. They are:
- Michigan Quidditch
- Bowling Green State University
- Ohio State University Quidditch Club
- Lake Effect Maelstrom
- Ball State Cardinals
- Miami University
- Michigan State Quidditch
- Ohio University Quidditch Club
- Central Michigan Quidditch Club
The ten teams that will be traveling to South Carolina for the Quidditch Cup are as follows:
- District of Columbia Quidditch Club
- Penn State University Nittany Lions
- University of Richmond Quidditch
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Quidditch
- Appalachian Apparators Quidditch
- Maryland Quidditch
- George Mason Club Quidditch
- Lock Haven University Quidditch
- Rutgers University Quidditch
- Virginia Quidditch Club
On the weekend November 21 and 22, the Midwest Regional Championship took place in Macomb, Illinois. Minnesota Quidditch took on the Illinois State Firebirds in the finals, with Minnesota coming out on top 110*-40.
Four teams from this region qualified for the Cup. These teams are:
Congratulations to all of the teams that participated – and to those that qualified, good luck!
The last four Regional Championships are in February, where the last 27 teams will qualify for the event everyone is waiting for – US Quidditch Cup 9.
Did your Quidditch team participate or qualify in one of the recent championships? What are your predictions for the next ones? Let us know in the comments!