Seven Times the Ilvermorny Story Gave Me the Feels
Rowling never fails to surprise me with the twists and turns that her mind creates and develops in the wizarding world. Ilvermorny and its background were no different. It made me happy, sad, and angry. I have decided to share some of my reactions with you all in GIF form!
1) Her aunt kidnapped Isolt and held her captive. Oh yeah… and she also killed her sister!
Really, Jo?! One happy story where people live is all I ask.
2) Isolt stole her aunt’s wand and escaped to America by masquerading as a boy.
Wooohoo!!! You go, girl!!
3) Her husband and adopted sons helped create and found Ilvermorny’s Houses.
Awww… it’s a family affair!
4) Gormlaith hunts down Isolt in America to destroy her and her family.
Stupid witch, can’t you just be happy she’s happy?!?
5) The power of love is absolutely amazing.
It wakes Isolt and James from their enchanted slumber. Then James, a Muggle (or No-Maj), steps in front of their daughters, attempting to shield them from Gormlaith’s wrath.
6) Ilvermorny students can pick their own House if more than one shows interest.
WHAT?! They can pick their own House?! That is so cool.
7) The reason the robes are partially cranberry is because James loves cranberry pie.
I died laughing at this part. This is one of my most favorite things that I have ever read. This makes me love James even more.
I hope this is only the beginning of the wonders that J.K. Rowling is going to release on Ilvermorny and Isolt. I can’t wait to see what else she comes up with. Comment below with your favorite parts!!