MinaLima to Speak at Victoria and Albert Museum
Miraphora Mina and Eduardo Lima, otherwise known as MinaLima, are the genius design duo behind all of the art in the Harry Potter movies and Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. Their other credits include The Imitation Game, Sweeney Todd, and countless other films. Their designs are iconic and gorgeous and deserve all the recognition they can get, so it’s great news that the duo will be speaking at the Global Design Forum at the London Victoria and Albert Museum this Saturday, September 16, during the London Design Festival!
The talk will focus on the following elements of MinaLima’s design, as stated by the museum:
- Journeying through the world of graphic design for films and books, from [the] Harry Potter film series to [the] House of MinaLima gallery and shop
- The art of telling stories through graphic props and visuals in film and publishing
- Creating a graphic universe: constructing the worlds of Sweeney Todd and [T]he Imitation Game
- Establishing the visual graphic style of the one of the largest franchises in the world
- Uniting film work with graphic art and combining vibrant illustrations with interactive elements
- Sustaining the appeal of enduring favorites: reimagining classics including Peter Pan, The Jungle Book and Beauty and [t]he Beast.
The talk is at 1:15 p.m. at the Hochhauser Auditorium in the Sackler Centre for Arts Education. Book your tickets now since they’ll likely run out! If you can’t make it to the V&A on Saturday, be sure to check out MinaLima’s site so you can enjoy all of their lovely designs!