Iconic & original cinema posters worth in excess of £250,000 to be auctioned in the UK next month.
Over 400 original cinema posters made available to bidders, including:
- Original "James Bond" posters
- "The Thing" original artwork
- Signed "Harry Potter" poster (Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint & Emma Watson)
- Rare "Star Wars" posters
- Artwork by Chantrell, Sciotto, Bysouth, and Fair
- 27 Marilyn Monroe & Audrey Hepburn posters
Cinema posters worth in excess of £250,000 ($330,000) will be auctioned by Prop Store onTuesday [sic] 20th November 2018.
Bids can be placed online from anywhere in the world, by phone or in person The auction will host a huge James Bond poster collection including a full run of the first 25 years of Bond Quad posters from “Dr No” (1962) to “The Living Daylights” (1987).
Includes artwork from Les Edwards (“The Thing”), plus Chantrell, Sciotti, Bysouth, Fair, Humphreys, Tanenbaum, Thurston, and deMar.
Autographed posters including “Harry Potter” (signed by Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint & Emma Watson), “Deadpool 2” (signed by Ryan Reynolds & Josh Brolin) and “The Greatest Showman” (signed by Hugh Jackman).
Painted animation cels [sic] from the Christmas classic “The Snowman” as well as prototype pencil artwork.
An extensive Star Wars collection including the Chaykin prototype poster, undated “Revenge of The Jedi”, the Chantrell “Oscars” & “non-Oscars” Quads & many more.
Highly collectible Marilyn Monroe & Audrey Hepburn posters including a US 1-Sheet for “Breakfast At Tiffany’s” & a UK Double-Crown for “Bus Stop”.
A fantastic range of UK Quad posters including various Carry On films, Hammer Horror, Barbarella, Girl On A Motorcycle, Dr Who, Get Carter, Thunderbirds and many more.
Prop Store – one of the world’s leading film and TV entertainment memorabilia companies has today announced it is to hold its second cinema poster live auction this November with the posters on offer expected to fetch in excess of £250,000 ($330,000). The auction is to be held at Prop Store’s UK headquarters.
Over 400 rare and sought-after posters & artworks will be sold during Prop Store’s cinema poster auction on Tuesday 20th November 2018 in Hertfordshire, UK.
The auction will be live-streamed online for fans to track the bidding on auction day. Items will be available to view by appointment at Prop Store in the run[-]up to the auction, opening for registrations today (Monday 22nd October 2018) via www.propstore.com/posterauction.
Top items to be sold at Prop Store’s Cinema Poster auction (with estimated sale prices) include:
- "JAMES BOND" - "DR NO" Quad Poster (1962) £8k - £10k (approx. $10,500 - $13,100)
- "THE THING" Quad Poster Original Artwork (1982) £7k - £8k (approx. $9,200 - $10,500)
- "JAMES BOND" - "FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE" Quad Poster (1963) £7k – £8k (approx. $9,200 - $10,500)
- "JAMES BOND" - "THUNDERBALL" Quad Poster (1965) £5k - £6k (approx. $6,500 - $7,900)
- AUDREY HEPBURN - "BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY’S" US 1-Sheet Poster (1961)£4k – £5k (approx. $5,300 - $6,600)
- "JAMES BOND" - "GOLDFINGER" Quad Poster (1963) £3k - £4k (approx. $3,900 - $5,300)
- "GET CARTER" Quad Poster (1971) £2.5k - £3k (approx. $3,300 - $4,000)STAR WARS US “Birthday” Poster (1977) £2.5k - £3k (approx. $3,300 - $4,000)
- "STAR WARS" “Non-Oscars” Quad Poster (1977) £2k - £3k (approx. $2,600 - $4,000)
- "THE GREAT ESCAPE" Quad Poster (1963) £2k - £2.5k (approx. $2,600 - $3,300)
- "BARBARELLA" Quad Poster (1968) £2k - £2.5k (approx. $2,600 - $3,300)
- MARILYN MONROE - "BUS STOP" UK Double Crown (1956) £1.5k - £2k (approx. $2,000 - $2,600)
- "THE SNOWMAN" Colour Animation Cel (1982) £1k - £1.5k (approx. $1,300 - $2,000)
- "HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER’S STONE" Autographed US 1-Sheet (2001) £500 - £600 (approx. $650 - $800)
- "GAME OF THRONES" Complete Set of 30 Character Prints by Olly Moss (2014) £200 - £300 (approx. $250 - $400)
The auction is suitable for fans with a variety of budgets with lots ranging from £50-£100 (approx. $65-$130) to £8,000-£10,000 (approx. $10,500-$13,100).
A number of ready framed items which will make perfect Christmas gifts include “Diamonds Are Forever” estimated: £500-£600 (approx. $650-$800), a VIP “Spectre” poster estimated: £600-£700 (approx. $800-$920) and an “Indiana Jones” Artist’s Proof estimated: £300-£400 (approx. $400-$530).
Stephen Lane, Prop Store CEO, commented on the upcoming auction: “After the success of our inaugural Cinema Poster Auction earlier this year when we sold £200,000 worth of posters and artwork, we are delighted to offer over 400 lots in our forthcoming Poster Auction in November 2018. Prop Store lives and breathes entertainment memorabilia, and the addition of poster auctions now allows us to provide a fully rounded service to the movie collecting community.”
Mike Bloomfield, Prop Store’s poster expert said: "Prop Store are delighted to offer one of the most comprehensive "James Bond" poster collections ever to come onto the market. In addition, we have top quality "Star Wars" pieces, some sumptuous Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn posters, plus rare never seen before original poster artwork and a great range of collectible Quads too."
About Prop Store
Prop Store sells original movie props and costumes and related memorabilia, regularly hosting live and online prop and costume auctions.
Operating since 1998, Prop Store founder Stephen Lane’s love for movies led him to begin hunting for the same props and costumes that were used to create his favorite films. He found that he could not only provide collectors with access to their most coveted pieces but also establish archival standards for a new, pop-culture hybrid of fine art and memorabilia collecting – prop art. Prop Store handles prop disposal, sale, archive and auction services to production companies and distributors as well as fixed price item sale on its website.