Slughorn’s Crystallized Pineapple Potion
His little feet resting upon a velvet pouffe, [Slughorn] was sitting well back in a comfortable winged armchair, one hand grasping a small glass of wine, the other searching through a box of crystalized pineapple.” (HBP 369)
Slughorn’s Crystalized Pineapple Potion
- 1 oz. rum gold Jamacian
- 1/2 oz. lime juice fresh
- 1/4 oz. passion fruit syrup
- 1/4 oz. honey syrup
- 2 Tbsp. pineapple diced
- 1/2 cup ice
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend on high for 20 seconds.
- Strain through a medium-size mesh strainer into chilled rocks glass.
- To make honey syrup: Combine equal parts (by volume) water and honey in pot. Heat until honey is dissolved. Cool and store in refrigerator. Use as needed.
- This is an alcoholic drink and not intended for minors. A mocktail could be made by replacing the rum with lemon-lime soda or soda water.
- This recipe was adapted from Imbibe.