Rita Mock-PikeShrimp cocktail is a perfect appetizer for any fancy party or ball. Plus, it’s super simple to make.
- 6 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 lemons juiced and halves saved
- 12 oz. shrimp precooked, deveined, tails on
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 oz. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. horseradish sauce
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Combine water, salt, sugar, lemon juice, and lemon halves in large pot over medium-high heat.
- Bring water to a gentle boil.
- Remove pan from heat and add shrimp. Poach shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes.
- When time is up, immediately dump ice into the pot to cool shrimp. Allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain shrimp, pat dry, and move to refrigerator (covered) for at least 1 hour.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl in the order they are listed.
- Mix until uniform.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- This recipe is from Rita Mock-Pike's The Unofficial Hogwarts for the Holidays Cookbook.