Sanguini’s Sangria Surprise
Sanguini Sangria Surprise
Katy and EmilyThis martini recipe is one of three cocktails from Potterversity's ninth episode: Harry meets Dracula. The obvious choice for a Sanguini-inspired drink is sangria (which means “bloodletting” in Spanish and Portuguese). So, here it is. Though, Sanguini won't like it...
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup Pimm's Liqueur
- 750 mL. red wine fruity, dry
- 1 cup ice
- garlic scapes (for garnish)
- Roughly chop apple and orange (peels on). Muddle with brown sugar in pitcher.
- Add orange juice and Pimm's. Muddle again.
- Add red wine and ice. Stir.
- Serve in wine glasses garnished with garlic scapes.
- Pimm's is a British gin-based liqueur.
- *Garlic scapes are the tops of the garlic plant. (They're great fresh-picked and fried.)
- This is an alcoholic drink and not intended for minors.