Sanguini’s Sangria Surprise
Sanguini's Sangria Surprise
Katy McDaniel and Emily StrandThis martini recipe is one of three cocktails from Potterversity's ninth episode, "Harry Meets Dracula." The obvious choice for a Sanguini-inspired drink is sangria (which means “bloodletting” in Spanish and Portuguese). So here it is, though Sanguini won't like it...
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup Pimm's
- 750 mL red wine fruity, dry
- 1 cup ice
- garlic scapes* (for garnish)
- Roughly chop apple and orange (peels on). Muddle with brown sugar in pitcher.
- Add orange juice and Pimm's. Muddle again.
- Add red wine and ice. Stir.
- Serve in wine glasses garnished with garlic scapes.
- Pimm's is a British gin-based liqueur.
- This is an alcoholic drink and not intended for minors.
- *garlic scapes - the tops of the garlic plant (often served fresh-picked and fried)