20 Things That Happen When You Hear “Hedwig’s Theme”
“Hedwig’s Theme” is the most iconic music piece of the entire Harry Potter series. And while that is a lot to live up to, this piece of music certainly delivers in its effects on viewers and fans. There’s something simply magical about this piece, and we’re here to find out just what happens when you hear “Hedwig’s Theme.”
1. Chills. Pure chills.
2. A loud gasp escapes your mouth.
3. There’s an uncontrollable urge to run toward the source of music. It’s the Bat-Signal for Harry Potter fans.
4. All thoughts of work and study stop. There is simply no way to be productive while listening to this piece of music.
5. A tentative grin spreads over your face. It’s like you have a wonderful secret that you’re about to shout to the world.
6. Watch out for the waves of nostalgia.
7. As the music builds, fans may experience slight shaking as hands begin to itch for the nearest television remote.
8. Your body completely disengages from your mind and goes onto autopilot. The mission? Watch Harry Potter.
9. Excitement builds.
10. Smells of popcorn and cozy beverages seem to appear from thin air.
11. Your heart slowly swells. It’s nothing crazy like the Grinch, but you can still feel its effect.
12. You have the uncontrollable urge to cosplay or dress in House merchandise.
13. Your breathing rate elevates.
14. The desire to find fellow Harry Potter fans and commence a Harry Potter marathon builds.
15. Non-fans (if they even exist) apparently feel a deep sigh building and a strong urge to roll their eyes at this point.
16. Dopamine levels rise by at least 25% at an exponential rate.
17. Your eyes widen.
18. You hear a soft humming. You’re singing along without even realizing it.
19. You think of all your favorite Harry Potter moments. The funny moments, the sad moments, and the scary moments all jumble together in your mind.
20. A sense of finding home settles over you.
So how many of these effects do you feel when you hear those first notes of “Hedwig’s Theme”? Does it have any other effects on you? What do you think of when you hear this music? Let us know in the comments down below and – wait. Do you hear that? It’s happening…