Jim Broadbent is lending his support to a local family charity near his hometown. The charity, Home-Start East Lindsey, is hoping to raise funds and awareness for their work supporting families in need, and Broadbent has donated two signed movie posters.
- Sat, Apr 27
- Fred and George drop out of Hogwarts
- Gretchen F. Roesch's birthday
- Sun, Apr 28
- Horace Slughorn's birthday
- Mon, Apr 29
- Lorena Wildering's birthday
- MuggleNet Academia's anniversary
- The Casual Vacancy premieres on HBO (US)
- Wed, May 1
- Bertie Gilbert's birthday
- Trio breaks into Gringotts and takes Hufflepuff's Cup
- Trio returns to Hogwarts; Battle of Hogwarts begins
- Thu, May 2
- Victoire Weasley's birthday
- Harry defeats Lord Voldemort
- Ravenclaw's Diadem, Nagini, Hufflepuff's Cup, and the Horcrux inHarry are destroyed
- “My philosophy is that worrying means you suffer twice.”
- May 28, 2008 – It is revealed that J.K. Rowling wrote a short Harry Potter prequel for an upcoming Waterstones charity auction. The story involves James Potter and Sirius Black three years before Harry Potter’s birth.
Did You Know
- Only four spells appear in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone: Wingardium Leviosa, Petrificus Totalus, Alohomora and Locomotor Mortis.