MuggleCast #172: Interviewing the Illustrator
The latest episode of our Harry Potter podcast is now available, and this week's episode features a special interview with the illustrator of the US Potter books: Mary GrandPre! In her first fansite interview since the release of Deathly Hallows, we talk with Mary about everything from the Book 7 release to future Potter covers.
– Prior to the interview, we catch up on the latest news and more.
– Mary explains the process of designing the covers.
– Which cover gave her the most difficulty? Who is her favorite character to draw?
– What is her favorite book in the series?
– She breaks down the curtain comparison between the first and last novels.
– How much communication does she have with Jo? International illustrators?
– She discusses future anniversary covers and the HP encyclopedia.
– How difficult was it for her knowing the end of Deathly Hallows?
– To wrap up the show, Make The Music Connection returns.
To download for free, we recommend subscribing through Apple iTunes. Just CLICK HERE and then press “Subscribe” to the right of our album art. (Already subscribed? Refresh your feed!) No iPod or MP3 player needed! You can also visit the MuggleCast website to listen right within your browser, or to download the MP3 file to your desktop. Enjoy!