IMAGINE BETTER! A special HPA Livestream tonight with Andrew Slack, Evanna Lynch and Lauren Fairweather
MuggleNet is proud that it has played a crucial role in assisting the Harry Potter Alliance send five cargo planes to Haiti, donate 90,000 books across the world, and work for equality and human rights. As Harry Potter fans we take pride in the fact that the HPA is starting the IMAGINE BETTER Project: taking what they’ve done with Harry Potter and bringing it to other stories starting with their Hunger Games campaign, “Hunger Is Not A Game.”
Are you reading this post right now from the luxury of your school, or your home, or perhaps even your smartphone? Then you are part of the Capitol, and it’s time for you to understand that Hunger is NOT a Game!
It’s in your power that we stand and fight against the social injustices in the world that make the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. You are the one who is able to make a difference and MuggleNet is working with the HPA’s IMAGINE BETTER Project to help you get started!
To begin with, we are promoting the International Women’s Day project as we honor the women who have changed our lives, the women who have been our role models, our teachers and our friends both in real life and in the fictional world. We celebrate the strongest female role models like J.K. Rowling and Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series, as well as Suzanne Collins and Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games series.
To kick off the Hunger is NOT a Game campaign, a special Harry Potter Alliance Livestream! presentation will be held tonight at 7:30pm EST. Joining the HPA Livestream! will be fan favorite and a role model in her own right, Evanna Lynch; Co-Founder and Executive Director of the HPA, Andrew Slack; and wizard wrock star Lauren Fairweather. This will be a campaign kickoff that you do not want to miss!
There are many was that you may want to get involved this month with Hunger Is Not A Game:
- The HPA has teamed up with Oxfam America’s GROW Campaign – which HPA Execuitve Director Andrew Slack says, “this is the most robust campaign to fight the root causes of hunger that I have ever seen. It directly confronts the 5 Major Failings in our culture that lead to starvation around the world” (we’ll be updating with more on this soon)
- Inspired by the HPA’s work on the Hunger Games, DoSomething.org started a campaign on Water Scarcity – Help your peers work together to provide clean drinking water to those who need it by participating in or organizing a Water Walk in your community.
- United to End Genocide – The Day of Action is March 16 where we stand together to show solidarity and raise awareness of genocides and governments who use starvation as a tool of war. What Slack refers to as “the President Snows of our world.”
On the note of violence, many of you may have noticed that people all over the Web have been raising awareness to stop Joseph Kony in 2012. Joseph Kony is one of the WORLD’s worst war criminals and we support the International effort to arrest him, disarm the LRA and bring the child soldiers home. ***It’s important to note that Invisible Children IS a partner to the HPA!***
We encourage you to watch this amazing film on KONY 2012 to understand why he needs to be made famous! When you have seen the video, show your support by tweeting any of the following messages (thanks to the HP Fan website):
- #STOPKONY You have the power to educate, and save lives: http://youtu.be/Y4MnpzG5Sqc
- MAKE KONY FAMOUS, and do the right thing: http://youtu.be/Y4MnpzG5Sqc
- Harry Potter fans want you to help us #stopkony, please tweet to show your support: http://youtu.be/Y4MnpzG5Sqc
Show your support today and IMAGINE BETTER beginning tonight at 7:30pm EST by watching the Harry Potter Alliance Livestream event kicking off “Hunger is NOT a Game.”