MuggleCast #268: “British Anti-Joke” now available!
Episode #268 is the penultimate episode of our Harry Potter podcast. Join Andrew, Eric and Micah as we celebrate the return of veteran co-host Jamie Lawrence, and we follow-up on the recent reveal of J.K. Rowling as the author of The Cuckoo’s Calling. Also, there are British Jokes, anti-jokes and other news items such as Rupert Grint’s theater turn and the upcoming cover reveal by Scholastic of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
– Jamie is back! His triumphant return causes the hosts to look back on growing up with MuggleCast
– The full story behind The Cuckoo’s Calling leak
– Anonymity on the Internet? Who’s to blame for the leak?
– How Jamie first heard about Cuckoo
– Film companies competing to adapt the new book, could turn into franchise
– Upcoming Scholastic cover parties, release parties for Potter
– Rupert gains some ‘Mojo’ with theater
– Character names in fiction, and whether or not Jo spoiled us with hers
– Jamie’s British Joke, and – introducing – the Anti-Joke?
– Andrew and Eric review Potted Potter
– Listener E-mail: The Royal Half-Blood Prince
– Favorites segment: Favorite alternate ending?
– Unexpected Book 7 discussion regarding Voldemort as a villain
– And… It’s All Been a Dream
For more information about the show, you can check out the MuggleCast website. If you haven’t already, you can always subscribe to the podcast via iTunes. Or, to listen directly (or download the show), you can click here.