JK Rowling falls out of Top Ten Highest Earning Authors for 2013 – where did she wind up?
According to a new article, Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling has fallen off a list that she has dominated for MANY years – the Highest Earning Author of the year. Although she has fallen out of the Top Ten, she is still the 15th highest for the year 2013.
Other notable standouts include:
- George RR Martin – 16th place at $12 Million
- John Grisham – 12th place at $18 Million
- Stephen King – 10th place at $20 Million
- Suzanne Collins – 3rd place at $55 Million
- and E.L. James – 1st place at $95 Million
While it’s too early to tell, I’m sure her pen name Robert Galbraith, of the novel The Cuckoo’s Calling, would boost JKR’s overall ranking on this list. However, as we reported previously, she will be donating all of the proceeds from The Cuckoo’s Calling to the Soldier’s Charity.
Did one of your favorite authors make the list?