WOULD YOU RATHER… be Sorted into Slytherin or Ravenclaw? #MNWYR
In this series of posts started last week, Tori and I will be asking, “Would you rather…” and presenting two options along with a list of their pros and cons. Your job: Let us know which wins for you and why.
For this post the question is: Would you rather be sorted into Slytherin or Ravenclaw? In order to weigh our options, let’s look at what we know about each house along with a few pros and cons:
Ravenclaw: Known for intelligence, wit, wisdom, creativity, originality, individuality, and acceptance. Fellow Ravenclaws: Cho Chang, Filiius Flitwick, Gilderoy Lockhart, Luna Lovegood, Moaning Myrtle, Garrick Ollivander, Quirinus Quirrell. Read more on Harry Potter Wiki.
1. Oddballs/nerds welcomed and celebrated.
2. A great view. The common room is in one of the towers.
3. You don’t have to memorize a password. Instead, you get to answer a riddle.
4. Many wise alumni to connect with.
1. A few highly selfish alumni—Lockhart, Quirrell, Ollivander (who gave information to save his own life).
2. If you can’t solve the riddle-password, you are locked out of your common room until someone can.
3. There are a lot of steps to get up to the common room.
4. Oddballs/nerds welcomed—some a little too odd (Moaning Myrtle).
Slytherin: Known for traditionalism, resourcefulness, cunning, ambition, leadership, self-preservation, determination, cleverness, fraternity, and power. Fellow Slytherins: Regulus Black, Bellatrix Lestrange, Draco Malfoy, Merlin, Tom Riddle (Voldemort), Horace Slughorn, Severus Snape. Read more on Harry Potter Wiki.
1. A Quidditch team with a winning history (Seven years in a row before Harry joined the Gryffindors).
2. A common room under a lake, which gets a green light.
3. Only a password needed to enter.
4. Many members have powerful connections.
1. Many members joined the Death Eaters. The house was sent away from the battle for Hogwarts (though a few returned to fight with Slughorn. And Snape gave his life protecting Lily’s son.)
2. Only a password needed to enter, making it easier for meddling Gryffindors to sneak in.
3. A common room in a dungeon.
4. A Quidditch team that didn’t win the cup in the years Harry Potter played.
There you have it, so WOULD YOU RATHER… be sorted into Slytherin or Ravenclaw? Respond in the discussion section or via Twitter with #MNWYR.
Special thanks to Jeanna Marie for the inspiration for these articles. 🙂