The Harry Potter Alliance Launches Its Annual Equality FTW Campaign – Donate Today and Join the LIVE Broadcast
Our friends at the Harry Potter Alliance have been performing magic of their own for years, and thanks to all of the amazing donations from you (Potterheads, Nerdfighters, Whovians, Browncoats, and every District 12 member) the HPA achieved an amazing level of charitable work in 2013-2014. Some of the highlights include:
- Huge growth in Chapters Program with over 270 active HPA chapters (up from 120) in 43 states and 25 countries
- Raised over 50,000 books through the Accio Books drive and helped create an Apparating Library that opened on September 13
- Linked the Hunger Games to the issue of economic inequality through our Odds in Our Favor campaign
- Partnered with Public Knowledge to bring over 20,000 fans and online video creators together for Net Neutrality
- Worked to build cultural awareness for Esther Day by encouraging creative projects and working with partners in the Nerdfighter community
- Established the Granger Grant for Excellence in Community Organizing that awards $5,000 annually to 8 different HPA chapters to assist with innovative ideas and projects
- Our friend and HPA co-founder Andrew Slack even received an Ashoka Fellowship recognizing him, and the HPA, as one of our world’s leading social entrepreneurs.
It is now that time for you to consider any donation you possibly can to help the Harry Potter Alliance reach even higher goals for the 2014-2015 campaign. Equality FTW is the Harry Potter Alliance’s annual fundraiser, and your contribution helps the HPA fund another year of fan activism working for economic, educational, and LGBTQ equality. Please consider being the Dumbledore’s Army member in your family and neighborhood and donate now. There are some AMAZING prizes for donations such as a signed J.K. Rowling Harry Potter book, a John Green-signed poster, a tote bag, a calendar, and so much more!
Finally, tonight at 7:00 p.m. EDT/4:00 p.m. PDT the HPA will be hosting a live kickoff broadcast. Be sure to tune in!