Two New “Harry Potter” Positions Hiring: Studio Tour Tokyo and Alnwick Castle
Attention, all witches and wizards! WarnerMedia is looking to hire a general manager for Warner Bros. Studio Tour Tokyo – The Making of Harry Potter, and Alnwick Castle is hiring new trainee wizards for its 2021 season.
Scheduled to open to curious Muggles in 2023, Studio Tour Tokyo will take prying eyes on a journey through the Harry Potter films with set replicas and original props and costumes. Hoping to drive revenue, this Studio Tour will be replacing an old amusement park, Toshimaen, and will span 323,000 square feet (30,000 square meters).
WarnerMedia describes the job opportunity for general manager of the Studio Tour as follows:
Responsible for the delivery of optimized profitability and visitor satisfaction through strategic planning and development of the Warner Bros. Studio Tour Tokyo. This will be achieved through effective management of operations and staffing, including development, implementation and maintenance of effective operating policies, procedures and standards for tour attractions, reservations and ticketing, marketing and sales, merchandising, food and beverage, parking, and security. Sets strategic direction and guides the development and execution of marketing plans. Plans and develops annual operating and capital budgets.
The job also calls for the manager to perform the essential functions below:
- Lead cohorts in marketing, advertising, and coordinating with experts in the business to create the most optimized experience for Muggles.
- Recruit the best customer service representatives in the business to deliver the best visitor experience.
- Oversee all handling of finances through department heads.
- Empower employees to see their potential and contribute fully to the magical experience.
- Promote a healthy and safe environment for employees and visitors.
Don’t hop on your broomstick too fast; there are specific qualifications for the job.
- BA/BS in management or closely related field; MBA is a plus
- Verbal and written communications in both Japanese and English
- Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of retail management for merchandising and food and beverage operations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams
- High-quality customer service skills
- Experience in project start-up environments highly desired
Alnwick Castle, one of the most iconic castles in northern Britain, as seen in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, will also be hiring. Starting in January, applications will be open to trainee wizards interested in teaching Muggles the craft of broom care for the 2021 season.
HR manager Susan Richardson welcomes all new applicants.
If you want to come and work at Alnwick Castle during the 2021 season, we are looking for enthusiastic, positive-minded, team players who can go that extra mile to help ensure our visitors have a great day out.
While we don’t have too much detail about the position yet, applications will open on January 1 and will close on January 31, ahead of the castle’s reopening in March 2021.