15 Ways to Ask Cho Chang to the Yule Ball Instead of “Wangoballwime”
Do we all remember the fiasco of Harry trying to ask Cho Chang to the Yule Ball in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire? I don’t think that I will ever be able to forget the horror I felt as Harry just screamed “Wangoballwime?” at her. I can only imagine how she felt in that moment. We all know that Harry is a bit clueless, but I feel like this is an extreme low point. There are so many better ways that he could have asked her out. Here are a few.
1. Why not try politely asking, “Cho, will you do me the honor of accompanying me to the Yule Ball?”
2. Go up to her and yell, “Cho! You, me, ball?”
3. Hold up a poster to the Yule Ball and point at Cho, and then yourself, and then the poster.
4. Get the Quidditch team to spell out her name with their bodies while they’re in the air.
5. Don’t even ask. Just show up and surprise her the night of the ball.
6. Send her a letter through owl post that says, “The Chosen One chooses you.”
7. Make Ron ask for you. He asked Fleur, so he obviously has skills.
8. Set a boggart up in the Great Hall and make Neville have Snape appear holding a sign that says, “Cho, will you go to the Yule Ball with Harry Potter?”
9. Convince the giant squid to give her a note the next time she goes near the lake. It may need to be waterproof parchment.
10. Get Peeves involved in your plans to ask her. There’s no way that could go wrong, right?
11. Hand her a bouquet of flowers and have a note attached that says “Yule Ball?”
12. Attach a note to Crookshanks’s collar and send him over to Cho – maybe even put a little bow tie collar on him.
13. Bribe Fred and George to use their fireworks to spell out “Cho, go to the Yule Ball with me?”
14. Ask Dobby to knit her a pair of socks that say “Yule Ball?” on one and “I <3 HP” on the other.
15. Just go up to her and say, “Cho, will you go to the Yule Ball with me?” Simple and easy.