Alana Al-HatlaniInspired by the candy sold in Hogsmeade, these pops can be as sour as you'd like thanks to the citric acid. Just be sure you don't burn a hole through your tongue like Ron Weasley did!
- 12 lollipops any shape or flavor
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. citric acid
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- Unwrap lollipops.
- Use lollipop stick to poke holes in the bottom of an empty egg carton and invert it.
- Pour honey in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, stir together citric acid and sugar.
- Dip each lollipop into honey, tapping off excess, and then immediately into sugar mixture to coat.
- Place acid pops into holes in egg carton and allow to dry for 30 minutes.
- Light corn syrup can be substituted for honey if desired.
- This recipe is from Alana Al-Hatlani's The Unofficial Hogwarts Cookbook for Kids.