WOULD YOU RATHER… be Sorted into Gryffindor or Hufflepuff?
After seeing a bunch of Nicole’s “WYR” retweets, the two of us talked and decided to start an ongoing series of articles asking “Would You Rather”, comparing two scenarios from the Potter Universe and allowing you, the fans, to make your own opinions. Look for a new post every Wednesday. Enjoy!
Now while you may be thinking this is an easy choice, don’t be quite so quick to throw Hufflepuff in the corner. I see myself with a little of both Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, and even a decent amount of Ravenclaw, but you can read the other post for that. Let’s get started.
Hufflepuff: Known for dedication, hard work, patience, loyalty, honesty, tolerance, and although not always spoken of, fearlessness when it comes to doing what is right. Notable mentions: Nymphadora Tonks, Cedric Diggory, Pomona Sprout, Susan Bones, Zacharias Smith, Newt Scamander.
- Total acceptance.
- Best security of any of the house common rooms. It’s never been seen by outsiders.
- Lots of friends.
- The element of surprise. Let the other houses jeer, but when it comes time to fight the Dark Lord, Hufflepuff will be standing ready. They were second to Gryffindor in the number of students who stayed to fight the Battle of Hogwarts.
- Constant ridicule of fellow houses.
- An appalling Quidditch record.
- Constantly having to prove yourself.
- You share a house with Zacharias Smith.
Gryffindor: Known for bravery, nerve, chivalry, courage, and daring. Notable mentions: Harry Potter, James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Hermione Granger, all the Weasleys, Neville Longbottom, Seamus Finnegan, Albus Dumbledore, Rubeus Hagrid, Peter Pettigrew, Minerva McGonagall, Sir Nicholas… There’s more, A LOT more.
- The Sorting Hat placed you in Gryffindor.
- An awesome Quidditch history.
- Unbeatable house pride.
- Many of the series’ best characters are in this house. (You’ve got the Weasley twins!)
- Trendsetters. Gryffindors are always the first ones to take a stand.
- Sometimes Gryffindor is a little cocky.
- Wormtail was in your house.
- Constant rivalry with the Slytherins.
- Snape pretty much hates your guts.
So where WOULD YOU RATHER be? Comment below or leave us your responses on Twitter! Use the #MNWYR.
Thanks to Jeanna Marie for the inspiration for these articles.