MuggleCast #137: Tripping Over Curtains: The Jim Dale Story
As promised, the latest episode of our Harry Potter podcast is here, featuring MuggleCast and Portus' interview with Jim Dale! As the narrator of the US and Canada Potter audiobooks, Jim is one of the most knowledgeable people in the Harry Potter industry. In the first part of our interview, he shares his views on the recently announced Deathly Hallows split, the process for recording the audiobooks, and MUCH more.
– One of his sons is actually a movie helicopter operator who has worked on the Potter films.
– What is his favorite Potter character voice? Which one is the hardest – or as he puts it – the most annoying to do?
– He discusses how he prepares to record the Potter books: some water and a green apple anyone?
– How long does it take him? More like how long is he given! The answer may surprise you.
– Does he ever read the books for enjoyment and what is his relationship with J.K. Rowling?
– Just what does he think about the HP fandom?
To download, we recommend subscribing for free through either Apple iTunes or the ZUNE Marketplace. If you are already subscribed, just refresh your feed. You can also find full shownotes and alternate download links at the MuggleCast website.