Pottermore Library is now open to read several excerpts of selected Hogwarts books
Pottermore was recently updated to add the ability of reading short excerpts from selected books in the Hogwarts Library.
From the @Pottermore twitter: You can now visit the library on Pottermore and read excerpts from selected books bit.ly/L5kOet
By going into Pottermore’s Chapter 14 of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, “Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback,” you are inside the Hogwarts library. However, to see the excerpts for yourself, we are going to let you perform the random clicking throughout the site.
If you do not wish to click through the Pottermore site and want to see the excerpts, then you can highlight the invisible writing below:
- “A Beginner’s Guide to Transfiguration”: When Transfiguring, it is important to make firm and decisive wand movements. Do not wiggle or twirl your wand unnecessarily, or the Transfiguration will certainly be unsuccessful.
- “One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi”: Dittany is a powerful healing herb and restorative and may be eaten raw to cure shallow wounds.
- “Curses and Counter-Curses”: The Tickling Spell: Point your wand directly at your enemy and shout ‘Titillando!’
- “The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1)”: Charms differ from Transfiguring Spells in the following manner: a charm adds certain properties to an object or creature, whereas a transfiguring spell will change it into something utterly different.
- “The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection”: Werewolf bites should be thoroughly and magically cleaned, as the werewolf’s fangs are venomous. However, there is no cure once you have become a werewolf, so try and avoid being bitten at all costs.
Thanks to Hypable for the excerpts!