Set Your Reminders – Rupert Grint’s “Moonwalkers” to Hit Netflix!
Last month, you may remember we brought you some updates regarding Rupert Grint’s new film Moonwalkers – this included a short clip and stills, not to mention a red band trailer. Now we bring you yet another new update!
The film premiered back in March at the SXSW festival in Austin, Texas, and is due to publicly hit US theaters on January 15, 2016. We can now inform you that it will also be rolling onto Netflix that very same day! Awesome or what?
Moonwalkers – which also stars Ron Perlman and Robert Sheehan – sees Grint play a rock band manager who teams up with a CIA agent in order to create a film of a fake moon landing. You may recall that Sheehan has worked with Grint previously, in the 2009 film Cherrybomb. Perlman also has his own Potter connection after recently being cast in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
Other films to keep an eye on that are hitting Netflix on January 1 are as follows:
- Nanny McPhee (starring Emma Thompson and Imelda Staunton)
- Stephen Fry Live: More Fool Me
- The Tale of Desperaux (with the voice of Emma Watson)
However, just as the above films are arriving, the following are due to leave Netflix:
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (starring Helena Bonham Carter)
- Corpse Bride (with the voice of Helena Bonham Carter)
- Gladiator (starring Richard Harris)
- Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (starring Leslie Phillips, the voice of the Sorting Hat)
- Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (starring Ciarán Hinds, Aberforth Dumbledore)
- The Patriot (starring Jason Isaacs, Lucius Malfoy)
- Rosemary’s Baby (1968; Jason Isaacs starred in the four-part remake, which aired in May 2014)
- There Will Be Blood (starring Ciarán Hinds)
These films will be making their exit on January 1, 2016, so catch them now while you still can!