“Cursed Child” Toronto Holding Open Casting Call Now
So you want to be a wizard, eh? Well, now’s your chance, but you’ll need to act fast!
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Toronto is currently holding an open casting call for virtually every role in the play, with submissions due Thursday, June 13. Auditions will be held June 17–18 in Toronto, Canada.
Union and non-union actors alike are welcome to apply, and roles are available for males and females of any race and ages ranging from 18 to mid-60s. The casting also notes that state applicants should be “game” for an immersive creative experience.
Everyone cast in the show is going to be part of the ensemble and asked to participate in all aspects of bringing the world to life. This will mean involvement in crowd scenes, moving of scenery, and generally remaining active through a good deal of the show. Therefore, we are looking for people who are truly ‘game’ for this kind of creative experience.
Major roles up for grabs include:
- Harry Potter, male, ages: 37–40
- Ginny Potter, female, ages: 37–40
- Hermione Granger, female, ages: 37–40
- Ron Weasley, male, ages: 37–40
- Draco Malfoy, male, ages: 37–40
- Albus Potter, male, ages: 18+ (to play 14–15)
- Scorpius Malfoy, male, ages: 18+ (to play 14–15)
- Rose Granger-Weasley, female, ages: 18+ (to play 14-15)
Minor roles being cast include:
- Vernon Dursley / Hogwarts Professor / Others, male, ages: mid-40s–mid-60s
- Amos Diggory / Albus Dumbledore, male, ages: 60s
- Petunia Dursley / Trolley Witch / Hogwarts Professor / Others, female, ages: mid-40s–mid-60s
- Professor McGonagall, female, ages: 50s–mid-60s
- Hagrid / Sorting Hat, male, ages: 30s–40s (must be 6’2″ or taller)
- Bane (centaur), male, ages: 30s (must be 6′ or taller, comfortable with heavily movement-oriented track, well toned with huge upper-body strength)
- Delphi Diggory, female, ages: mid-20s (must be 5’7″ or shorter)
- Moaning Myrtle / Others, female, ages: 18+ (must be 5’7″ or shorter with great comedic chops)
Prospective applicants should email a résumé; headshot or recent, well-lit photograph; contact information; and details about their agent, if they have one, to HPotterTO@gmail.com and mention that they saw the listing on eBoss Canada. Applicants should also then click the “Apply for Job” button on the eBoss Canada listing.
Interestingly, the listing also shows not only that rehearsals start on July 20, 2020, but also that previews are expected to start October 23, 2020, and the opening is scheduled for November 29, 2020. We’ve been unable to confirm this information, so we’ll consider these tentative dates for now.
So hurry and get those headshots submitted, and we could see you on the stage in the fall of 2020!