CityWalk at Universal Orlando Resort Opens for Limited Operations
While Universal Orlando Resort’s theme parks and hotels will remain closed due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the company has begun lifting restrictions on some of its CityWalk venues.
CityWalk, a retail and entertainment hub that connects both Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida, was originally set to be closed until May 31. However, a recent announcement revealed that certain restaurants, stores, and entertainment venues will now be open from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily.
Update! Starting 5/14 select #UniversalCityWalk venues will open from 4-10pm w/ limited menus and guidelines for Team Members and guests.
— Universal Orlando Resort (@UniversalORL) May 12, 2020
Adapting to guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Universal Orlando Resort has implemented enhanced sanitization procedures, as well as “measures for distance spacing and screening.” Guests visiting CityWalk must wear a face mask or face covering and will have their temperature checked on arrival. Face coverings will be available for purchase for guests who arrive without one, and floor markings will help guests follow social distancing guidelines, which recommend staying at least 6′ (2 m) away from people in other parties.
Team members working at open locations will also wear face coverings and have temperature checks before starting work.
The following CityWalk venues will be open, but there will be limited capacity and menus available at restaurants and quick-service locations.
- Airbrush (retail)
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzels (quick-service)
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant and Market (full-service)
- Cinnabon (quick-service with mobile ordering available)
- Cold Stone Creamery (quick-service)
- Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company (retail only)
- Hollywood Drive-In Golf (entertainment)
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville and Lone Palm Airport (full-service)
- Red Oven Pizza Bakery (full-service with mobile ordering available)
- Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen: Dessert Foundry & Candy Smith areas (full-service)
- Universal Studios Store and select merchandise carts (retail)
- Voodoo Doughnut (quick-service with mobile ordering available)
If you are planning to head to CityWalk, make sure to check the Universal Orlando Resort website for further information and updates about the procedures and measures in place.
While the Wizarding World of Harry Potter locations in Orlando will remain closed for at least the rest of the month, the measures applied to CityWalk may hint at what could be expected when the parks eventually do reopen.
Currently, all Univeral theme parks across the world remain closed until May 31. Make sure to keep checking back in with MuggleNet for updates on Universal theme park locations.