A thousand live bats fluttered from the walls and ceiling while a thousand more swooped over the tables in low black clouds, making the candles in the pumpkins stutter. The feast appeared suddenly on the golden plates, as it had at the start-of-term banquet.” (SS 159)
- 14 ice cream cones sugar
- 3.5 oz. instant pudding mix chocolate
- 3.5 oz. instant pudding mix vanilla
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 14 Oreos
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- sprinkles colors of choice
- Make a pan to hold the ice cream cones upright by layering aluminum foil over an angel food pan or deep bowl. Poke holes in the foil to fit cones into.
- Make each instant pudding according to package instructions, substituting half of the milk for heavy cream.
- Fill cones completely with pudding, top each cone with an Oreo, and chill until set.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler. Pour melted chocolate into a tall glass and dip cones one at a time. Let set for a couple of minutes.
- After dipping all cones, cover chocolate in sprinkles as desired.