15 Songs on Tonks’s Playlist for Baby Teddy
The loss of Nymphadora Tonks and Remus Lupin is one of the most tragic, heartbreaking moments to come out of the Harry Potter series. Besides the special place in our hearts that each of these characters occupies separately, it was devastating to come to terms with what it would mean for poor little baby Teddy, who was only a month or so old when he became an orphan. When we’re in our feelings about this, it’s comforting to reject the canon and imagine a rosy alternate universe in which Tonks never went to the Battle of Hogwarts. In this AU, Tonks would sing to little Teddy and make a list of all the joyful songs and lullabies that make her feel connected to her magical little boy. These might not all be era-appropriate to the late 1990s, but hey, it’s our fantasy!
1. “Beautiful Boy” – John Lennon – This is a song for cherishing how dear this magical, wonderful boy is to his protective mother.
2. “I Think I Met You In A Dream” – COIN – Tonks feels like she’s always known her son, who is a part of her soul.
3. “Heroes” – David Bowie – She sings the refrains with the determination that the Order of the Phoenix is fighting for love and peace and that her son will be safe.
4. “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” – Aerosmith – Tonks wants to be there for her baby’s first laugh, first steps, first silly pig-snout face… everything!
5. “Golden” – Harry Styles – Tonks dances around with her son and hopes they will never be apart (and in this happy AU, they won’t!).
6. “Songbird” – Fleetwood Mac – This song embodies the love that only a mother can have for her child.
7. “Three Little Birds” – Bob Marley & The Wailers – Now that the war is over, there is nothing to fear.
8. “Silver” – Nirvana – Teddy is a sweet baby, but he feels most peaceful with his mother at home.
9. “Dancing in the Moonlight” – King Harvest – Here’s one for celebrating the end of the war and proving to Daddy that love conquers all – even lycanthropy.
10. “Peaches” – Alison Sudol – Let’s imagine that Tonks would croon this lovely song written and performed by Queenie Goldstein herself.
11. “Bad Dreams” – Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson – Tonks would so be the kind of mother who teaches her child that it’s okay to feel sad feelings or have bad dreams.
12. “Magic” – Coldplay – There is nothing more magical than a Metamorphmagus baby, and Tonks is starry-eyed.
13. “Time After Time” – Cyndi Lauper – Promises are made so that Teddy will know that his mother will always be with him, no matter what.
14. “Everlong” – Foo Fighters – Tonks never wants to let go of the perfect moments with her little one.
15. “Colorful” – Jukebox the Ghost – Teddy is just at the start of his magical, colorful, beautiful life.
What do you think of this playlist? Which songs do you think Tonks would sing to baby Teddy? Let us know in the comments.