James Andrew Eric Phelps was born on February 25, 1986 with his twin brother Oliver, with whom he shared the screen in the Harry Potter films. They were born and raised in Sutton Coldfield in Birmingham, England, where they attended the Arthur Terry School. They graduated in 2004, having taken A-level exams. In their free time, James and Oliver enjoy rock music, video games, and watching football matches.
- New “Patchwork” Teaser Trailer Starring James Phelps - James Phelps is set to star in "Patchwork", a horror comedy that puts a new twist on the Frankenstein genre. Take a look at the teaser trailer here!
- Social Roundup: Fan Theories and Ruggers - What have the alumni been up to this week? Find out in our first Social Round for October.
At the age of 14, in 2000, James and his twin brother Oliver attended an open audition, despite having no previous acting experience, for Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. After they endured six auditions, the two were cast as Fred and George Weasley, respectively.
The twins are very involved when it comes to Harry Potter: The Exhibition. They attended the official opening back in 2009 in Chicago and have since followed the tour around different countries to promote it.
James is very involved with different charity organizations:
- James and Oliver are both supporters of the Teenage Cancer Trust. They continue to show their support for a charity they opened for one of the Teenage Cancer Trust specialist units in Birmingham.
- In 2011, they did a skydive for Cancer Research UK, in Australia, in memory of Harry Moseley – an 11-year-old boy who died on October 8, 2011.
- The twins make numerous public appearances in support of music and sports.
- In addition to this, they are both involved with the Virgin Money Giving Drive.
James and Oliver participated in the beta testing of a website called Sprkle: Watch The Stars. This website is designed to have celebrities video blog their daily activities. You can watch some of the twins’ video blogs below.