As any “Harry Potter” fan can attest, the biggest anxiety you face is trying to figure out which parts of the book are going to be cut from the movies. Generally, you understand that certain things need to be changed for the screen, but you can almost always assume that the most important moments will be included, partly, or hopefully, in their entirety. This is why “Half-Blood Prince” was such a huge disappointment for me. Of course, I will always watch it because it’s a “Harry Potter” movie, and the movie itself is not a bad movie, but there are three aspects that I think should have been included.
- Mon, Oct 14
- Dumbledore shows Harry his memory of Tom Riddle at the orphanage
- Liz Hartswick's Birthday
- Wed, Oct 16
- Lavender's rabbit Binky dies
- Thu, Oct 17
- Filius Flitwick's birthday
- Guy Henry's birthday
- Fri, Oct 18
- Toby Regbo's birthday
- Sat, Oct 19
- Sir Michael Gambon's birthday
- Sun, Oct 20
- Veronica Clifford's birthday
- Dan Fogler's birthday
- Harry Potter: A History of Magic
- Harry Potter: A Journey Through a History of Magic
- Career of Evil book
- George Harris's birthday
- “Well – it’s just that you seem to be laboring under the delusion that I am going to – what is the phrase? – come quietly. I am afraid I am not going to come quietly at all, Cornelius. I have absolutely no intention of being sent to Azkaban. I could break out, of course – but what a waste of time, and frankly, I can think of a whole host of things I would rather be doing.”
- February 12, 2009 – J.K. Rowling has her handprints placed in Edinburgh’s City of Chambers.
Did You Know
- J.K. Rowling is the first person to become a billionaire (US dollars) by writing books.