The Department of MYTHteries is a super secret Quibbler column in which our witch and wizard investigators endeavor to discover the truth behind the myths and legends of the Harry Potter universe and fandom. For instance, is Nagini really the snake that Harry set free in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone? The answer to this and many other questions lies deep within this column.
Have a myth you want our witch and wizard investigators to tackle or want to submit your own investagation? Send myths to email@example.com.
Each myth receives a rating, from Minerva McGonagall (true) to Sybill Trelawney (legend):
- MYTHTERY: Harry Should Have Always Seen Thestrals (August 1, 2018)- Why can't Harry see Thestrals until his fifth year? The Department of Mytheries clears it up once and for all!
- MYTHTERY: Ravenclaw’s Symbol Is an Eagle (June 7, 2018)- There have been some mixed messages regarding Ravenclaw's mascot. Is it an eagle or a raven? What is the truth?
- MYTHTERY: “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” Is a Prequel to the Seven-Book Series (April 1, 2018)- Rumors were rife before "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" opened in London, but what was true?
- MYTHTERY: Will the Maledictus in “Crimes of Grindelwald” Become Nagini? (April 1, 2018)- Let's dive into this popular fan theory and figure out just exactly how likely it is.
- MYTHTERY: Is Mrs. Norris Really Filch’s Wife? (April 1, 2018)- Are Mrs. Norris and Filch hiding a secret? We find out the truth in the Department of MYTHteries!
- MYTHTERY: Who Really Cast the Patronus in “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban”? (April 1, 2018)- Did Albus Severus get up to one other thing while using the Time-Turner? Delve into the Department of MYTHteries to find out!
- MYTHTERY: Is Willy Wonka Actually a Weasley? (April 1, 2018)- Have you ever considered just how alike Willy Wonka and George Weasley are? We lay down the facts here in the Department of MYTHteries!
- MYTHTERY: “Cursed Child” Is a Spinoff of “My Immortal” (April 1, 2018)- Was "Cursed Child" really based on the "My Immortal" fan fiction? Let's delve into the facts to unravel this MYTHtery!
- MYTHTERY: Fluffy Was Sent to Greece After “Sorcerer’s Stone” (March 31, 2018)- What happened to Fluffy after "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" ended? This fan theory definitely deserves unfogging.
- MYTHTERY: Is Nagini the Snake That Harry Set Free in “Sorcerer’s Stone”? (March 31, 2018)- We've all heard that theory that Nagini is the same snake Harry sets loose from the zoo, but is it true? Let's delve into the facts to unravel this MYTHtery!
- MYTHTERY: How Hard Was It Really for Oliver to Film Fred’s Death Scene? (March 31, 2018)- Unraveling the MYTHteries of the "Potter" world: was it true that Oliver Phelps could only do five takes of Fred Weasley's death scene?
- MYTHTERY: Did Alan Rickman Really Say This Famous Quote? (March 31, 2018)- Unraveling the MYTHteries of the "Potter" world: We've all heard that Alan Rickman quote, but what is the truth behind it?